Panasonic dmrxw380 pixelating - not aerial ( I dont think)

Hi There we have a Panasonic DMR xw380 ( getting a bit old) which has started to pixelate during the day,

When I can retune the channels they are perfect especially in the mornings ( weird) but as I was watching it today they pixelated again.  The signal strength is down to 2-3 usually 10-9

The reason I don't think it is the aerial is that we also have an Akai 188x that never loses channels or pixelates when plugged into exact same configuration, any ideas would be much appreciated. The final solution will be to get rid of the dvd recorder I think but it has a much better EPG than the Akai

We are planning on getting rid of sky so need something to work

thanks

Gillian

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gill, 

I think it might be the aging of the recorder, for a good guide the latest Panasonics could easily replace your dvd recorder plus it comes with more features such as FreeviewPlus. 

or there are other Freeview Approved devices on the market, 

Josh

Thanks Josh

Pixellation is almost always an antenna/cabling problem and unlikely to be your Panasonic. Could be that the tuner in the Akai may be slightly more sensitive so doesn't pixellate if the signal is weaker.

Sometimes it can just be atmospheric conditions. We had a period of about 30 mins the other night (news time) when the picture was pixellating and sound breaking up. Checked signal and it was 10/0 for strength/quality when normally 10/10. All came right after about 30 mins. No apparent reason I could find for the problem in my location which occasionally occurs at this time of night throughout the year. My antenna and cabling are fine.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service