Hi just installed my new openbox X5 unit (Super 2014). lots of tinkering around before i got the settings right.

PI had to sort out some of the transponder settings- everything now tuned in- signal strength is 71% and quality is 75%.

The dish was used for SKY and I have it tuned to Optus D2

Problem is that the quality is not the best. The tuner that I have is 1080 capable but it is displaying images at 720*756.

Ive gone through the Video setup and it is set to AUTO HD settings. Ive tried to manually up it to 1080 but the quality doesn't improve.

It seems that's what the image is being processed at...

Any suggestions as to where I can start to resolve this- Ive gone back to the supplier and have yet to get a reply- I think that are just sales and thin on technical expertise.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 2839

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think you mean 720*576?

I suspect that no amount of upscaling is going to make much improvement if you start with only576i. Upscaling can't add pixels that aren't there to start with.  Rubbish in - rubbish out. And the bigger the TV the worse it will look.

sorted...or resolved.

I'm using the dish and content being broadcast is not in HD- hence the quaity difference to my TV builtin freeview which is connected via UHF.

wanted HD as my new receiver can record (PVR). But connects only to the Dish.

So need to look for a UHF capable receiver/recorder.

Thanks

Kia ora from Porirua, I just purchased openbox x5 Super wouldnt have a clue where to begin its all plugged in cant really decipher the instructions All icons etc. comin up scan satelittes but not having any success at all we connected to sky dish any ideas??? assistance??

Hey Hohepa- i finally fluked my way through it.

If you have a sky dish installed by sky themselves, then all the setup is to be done on the receiver.

I went to installation and satellite setup menu. Here are my settings.

For satellite I chose Optus D2.

LND Frequency: 10750

Transponder: 12483/2250/H

LNB Power: ON

Toner Burst: NONE.

Then hit scan. Came up with all the channels- sometimes I've got more than 1 detection of a channel....got to figure out how to just get one TV ONE channel rather than three.

Sweet, hope this helps.

Hi John,

TV1 have multiple copies on satellite to deliver different ads to different regions. Freeview approved satellite receivers automatically assign the correct regional channels to the channel numbers.

As the openbox isn't approved it won't do it. You'll need to manually delete other tv1's. The openbox operators manual should have a section for editing channels.

ok, ok, I see, thanks Mike, yes would make sense.
Ill go through and Edit the channels- thanks.

Mike G said:

Hi John,

TV1 have multiple copies on satellite to deliver different ads to different regions. Freeview approved satellite receivers automatically assign the correct regional channels to the channel numbers.

As the openbox isn't approved it won't do it. You'll need to manually delete other tv1's. The openbox operators manual should have a section for editing channels.

john henry said:

ok, ok, I see, thanks Mike, yes would make sense.
Ill go through and Edit the channels- thanks.

Mike G said:

Hi John,

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service