Hi everyone

I have just moved to a new house and set up the Freeview receiver. When I go through the auto-select process in the left-hand pane it shows me the channels it is finding but when it is complete it says "No Signal."

Has anyone got any ides please?

Thanks

Views: 10456

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Andrew,

Could be a number of things causing this - so we have all the details, please do the following & post back if you haven't resolved this yet:

1. Please go to www.freeviewnz.tv/coverage.aspx and do a coverage check with the full street address of your new house - what is the output?

2. What is the antenna you've got connected to your receiver? Is it a UHF aerial or a satellite dish?

3. What receiver are you using? Please state brand & model - thanks.

Thanks for getting back.

1 It says coverage is very likely with both aerial and satellite.

2 There are both antennae.  I've connected the TV to the aerial with a co-ax cable and we are receiving programmes. I'm not sure if it is Freeview or how to check. It's a newish TV - about 9 months old so probably has a Freeview receiver in it.

3 The receiver box connected to the satellite dish is a GEEOR (?) DS200.

Hi again Andrew,

Sorry I've let so much time lapse...it's been a busy few weeks.

Unfortunately the receiver you have is not Freeview-Approved, so there's no guarantee that it would/should work.

And I don't have any contact information for that particular brand which I can share with you - do you have any contact details for the distributor that you can refer your query to?

I would recommend:

1. Get a Freeview-Approved digital receiver;

2. Follow the instructions on the User Manual to tune in the device.

3. If you get the same error message, then you know it's to do with the aerial/connections - have a look at http://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/on-off-pixelation-across-al... for possible causes & contact an installer (installers do charge for their services but remember that once you get it set up correctly, you'll be able to enjoy free-viewing for years to come).

RSS

Latest Activity

John Baird replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"I have two Spectrum Analysers, both Unaohm , an AP01 an older B/w EP 314 and a handheld Satellite…"
2 hours ago
Anouska Menzies replied to Anouska Menzies's discussion Freeveiw plus gone another latest update
"Hi Thanks for the reply Internet connect is fine, I can search the web, use YouTube and go on…"
11 hours ago
Graeme replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"Thanks for the link. :)"
20 hours ago
Graeme replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
20 hours ago
Josh Hill replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"You can have a look at some of the specs for Freeview at this…"
21 hours ago
Josh Hill replied to Anouska Menzies's discussion Freeveiw plus gone another latest update
"Hi Anouska  Your Internet settings will need to be re-configured as the software might have…"
21 hours ago
david adamson replied to david adamson's discussion No signal TVNZ 1 and 2
"This morning all is back to normal and I have all channels back in operation. Nothing changed at my…"
23 hours ago
Satellite Networks Motueka replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"In NZ we only have DVBS and DVBT . T2 (igloo) has shut down. Freeview is making noises about…"
23 hours ago

Connect With Us!

Notes

Test

Test Note

Created by Josh Hill Jul 24, 2017 at 11:37am. Last updated by Josh Hill yesterday.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Josh Hill Jul 24, 2017 at 11:36am. Last updated by Bel yesterday.

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service