Hi everyone... Help!

I've had a Satlink 2700 working on an old 29" Transonic CRT TV for 6+ years.  It ran a scart plug to the TV, and lead from the LNB line-in to the TV socket (good for both VHK/UHF & sat. dish).

Now I have upgraded to a flat screen, but cannot get a signal no matter what I do. The Satlink menu displays on screen & confirms there is "no signal". I am now using AV cables to connect the STB to the TV and obviously have the TV in "AV" mode.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Views: 2509

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Have you somehow lost power feed to the LNB? Check settings in the Menu. Presumably no need now to connect the antenna lead to the TV if you're in a Satellite only area?

Do you have more than one satellite receiver  (including sky) if so turn them both off at the wall and then on again.

I'm not in a satellite only area. I''m in Akld CBD in an apartment- VHF/UHF/dish all wired into the TV jackpoints. Plug in and you're ready to go.

The concept as I understand it is to connect the STB to the satellite (TV jackpoint to LNBin) and connect the STB to the TV (formerly by SCART - now by AV cables).  Before with the old analogue TV I also had a LNB line-out cable from the STB to the TV antenna in but not sure why that was necessary).

I have another sat receiver (basic Warehouse unit) which works fine on another old flat screen TV. Why would re-booting it affect the Satlink unit?

Sorry, but I'm an amateur at this.   

In a normal residential setup the STB (set top box) supplies the power to the LNB on the satellite dish. (Sometimes (2) STB sending voltage can cause a problem)

The STBs LNB settings must match the physical LNB to work correctly , check the settings on your working STB to see if they match the Satlinks settings.

Most common LNB are 10750 &11300.

If you're obviously in a UHF area have you tried tuning the TV to get FreeviewHD? Much better picture quality than satellite. Just connect the TV antenna input to the wall socket and it should work. No need for satellite STB.

Biggles- Yes I am in a Freeview HD area but I have not tried tuning the TV to FreeviewHD because it does not have that capability. If it did why would I be trying to connect a STB?

Paul - Thanks I'll check the two STB LBN setting s to see if they're the same and report back tomorrow.

All assistance appreciated :-)

Sorry. When you said you upgraded to a Flat Screen I assumed you meant a new TV. You could still try a Terrestrial STB though which would give you HD if the TV has HDMI input.

Allen said:

Biggles- Yes I am in a Freeview HD area but I have not tried tuning the TV to FreeviewHD because it does not have that capability. If it did why would I be trying to connect a STB?

Biggles - Thanks  but I am trying to get my existing Satlink 2700 STB going with the "new" analogue LCD TV (Sanyo LCD-20XR1), not buy an additional STB.

This Satlink box has been going for 6+ years with the old Transonic 29" CRT so should go now.

Paul - I checked the LNB on the working STB & the LNB setting was 11300MHz.  I did do a factory reset on the Satlink 2700 in an effort to get it going, it seems to respond best on "standard"- 5150Mhz, there is also "user" 5150MHz & 5700MHz (is this for dual LNB set ups?) and "universal" 9750MHz & 10600MHz (more dual LNBs?). The other settings showing on the Satlink 2700 are:-       TP Index 1/28;    22k  Off;      DiSEqC  Disabled;   Positioner  Off;  0/12V  Off; Polarity Horizontal;   Toneburst  Off; LNB Power  On.

Before I tried the LCD TV "upgrade" I had two sat STBs working happily - it was only when I tried to get the Satlink 2700 to work with the Sanyo LCD TV did the problem arise.  Now I cannot get it to go on anything!

The STB does show the menu on the TV - so I guess the AV connection is good.  But it does not seem to be getting the signal from the satellite.  Does this help the experts to fault find?

Thanks again!  

Have you selected Optus D1 ku as your satellite ?

Check out the guide here for tuning in prime.

Satellite selected is "Optus D1". Are my other settings correct?

on that screen above are the level and quality bars at zero?

The "level" fluctuates from 35-60% but the quality is @ 3% with intermittent bursts to as high as 60%

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service