Hi, have ditched sky (what a rip off) replumbed the cable from the sky dish to my tv, which has digital and analogue tuner built in, but it says no signal. Have also plugged in old Freeview set top box which says the same thing. I got a great signal when I had sky so clearly something wrong with my setup. Anyone out there that can suggest something to help?

Views: 1413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does your TV have a satellite tuner ?

What is the make and model of freeview set top box?

Your Panasonic TV doesn't have a Satellite Tuner so a Dish Antenna is not going to work. You need a UHF antenna. I'm guessing your STB is the same, no Satellite Tuner.

Hi Nic, 

To follow up along with Biggles and Paul, you might have brought the wrong receiver for the type of aerial you have? Can you confirm you have the Panasonic 58AX800 as per your profile info? 

Regards

Josh

Thanks for your replies.

The tV has both digital and analogue tuners, no idea if digital means satellite. Yes it's a 58AX800. The set top box is an arialbox mini t1000. Does that help?

The arialbox mini t1000 requires a UHF Aerial it wont work with a satellite dish .

You may already have a UHF Aerial , satellite freeview is only standard definition so you would be better off having Freeview HD .

Yes. Both the TV and STB are have Digital Terrestrial Tuners. They need a UHF antenna for Freeview. Sat Dish won't work with them.

Nic said:

Thanks for your replies.

The tV has both digital and analogue tuners, no idea if digital means satellite. Yes it's a 58AX800. The set top box is an arialbox mini t1000. Does that help?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service