I have a DishTV S7010PVR Satellite Receiver and I'm not receiving HGTV. How do I tune it in, please?

Views: 985

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, I'm no technician and the link you have supplied is like a foreign language to me. Thank you for trying to help.

Lorna

You don't need to be very technical. The link gives you the satellite settings for HGTV, 12456 H. That's the same transponder as TV3 etc. If you are receiving TV3 then you should get HGTV OK.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D1.html



Lorna Russell said:

Sorry, I'm no technician and the link you have supplied is like a foreign language to me. Thank you for trying to help.

Lorna

Biggles, you are assuming I know how to get to those places that need to be changed.  As I said, I am not technically minded and I need step by step instructions of which buttons to push on my remote and what to type into which spaces.    It's been no problem getting this sort of help through the forum before, why so difficult this time??

OK Lorna.

You shouldn't actually have to do anything. If you can see TV3, Bravo and other channels shown in my last link then you should be able to see HGTV. I'm not sure what channel they use on satellite. I'm no satellite expert (only have UHF here) and step by step instructions depend on brand and model of your decoder. Manual tuning instructions should be in your decoder's manual. There's a couple of other more experienced satellite-wise forum members on this forum should be able to help. They probably just haven't seen your post yet.

P.S. Just had a look at the info available on this forum and it appears HGTV should be on CH17 on Freeview approved Sat boxes. It may be necessary to do a re-scan though if your box doesn't auto-update.

P.P.S. Pg 3 of your manual details scanning.

Hey Lorna 

Simply turn off the unit from the wall and turn it on again for HGTV to appear on Channel 17, if that doesn't work then try a rescan which is in the Menu > Installation section in your device. 

I hope this information helps

Regards, Josh

Lorna Russell said:

Biggles, you are assuming I know how to get to those places that need to be changed.  As I said, I am not technically minded and I need step by step instructions of which buttons to push on my remote and what to type into which spaces.    It's been no problem getting this sort of help through the forum before, why so difficult this time??

No use.  I'm tearing my hair out.  I have turned off at the wall, waited 30 seconds & turned back on. No go.  I can see TV3 & Bravo, etc.  I have Shine on Channel 17.  I have followed your instruction, Josh to go the Menu - Installation section of my manual and on Page 3 as Biggles says, I get the instructions as in the file I have attached.  I don't understand any of the technical options given.  Can ANYBODY please give me step by step instructions or should I ring Dish TV in Hamilton?

Attachments:

Shine should be on 25, not 17, according to the resource pages.

Might be best to contact DishTV and they can walk you thru the tuning. As you are currently receiving most channels then all the parameters are set correctly and it is only necessary to re-scan.

Maybe the STB FW needs updating as well.

Hi Lorna

Manually Add HGTV works with both Revision 1 & Revision 2 of the S7010PVR.

Press the Menu Button to bring up the main Menu
Press the Left Arrow until the Installation Menu is displayed then press OK
Select TP Manager and press OK
Press the Down Arrow and select 12456
Press the Blue Button (To Scan)
Press the Right Arrow to select Free Only and press OK

You will need to organise your channels into the correct order after scanning.



Lorna Russell said:

No use.  I'm tearing my hair out.  I have turned off at the wall, waited 30 seconds & turned back on. No go.  I can see TV3 & Bravo, etc.  I have Shine on Channel 17.  I have followed your instruction, Josh to go the Menu - Installation section of my manual and on Page 3 as Biggles says, I get the instructions as in the file I have attached.  I don't understand any of the technical options given.  Can ANYBODY please give me step by step instructions or should I ring Dish TV in Hamilton?

Thank you Paul, that worked a treat.  Have re-arranged the programmes to my liking and I'm happy.   And thank you Biggles for trying to help me.  Between us, we got there.

Lorna

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Tony Bowen replied to Tony Bowen's discussion satellite receiver stopped working
"Problem solved with a new lnb, cable and receiver. Delighted to say I got a signal straight away…"
Monday
Tony Bowen replied to Tony Bowen's discussion satellite receiver stopped working
"Thanks Willis. I tried this and got the same result. Then I checked the LNB to find the plastic…"
May 17
willis replied to Tony Bowen's discussion satellite receiver stopped working
"See if it will switch on with the satellite cable unplugged If so then cable/ lnb suspect If not…"
May 17
clifford c wright replied to clifford c wright's discussion missing tv1,tv2, duke on freeview.
May 17

Connect With Us!

© 2018   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service