Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum. I'm looking at getting a freeview box Model Number T1050 And was wanting to know If any of you have got this UHF box and what you thought of it.

Views: 1973

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I don't but I know a few people have these on the Geekzone forum. Maybe try asking there.

www.geekzone.co.nz

Hi Gina, I purchased this Set Top Box in November 2012. I particularly wanted to record programs from the TV, especially two programs at the same time. However, you need to understand the freeview network to do this and I did not understand that you couldn't record Prime, Maori and Choice together, nor TV1&2. In fact I have had to write down all the various combinations. For example If I record on Prime, I can't watch Maori or Choice TV. If I record TV3, I have no signal for TV1 & 2. Secondly, I have had increasing difficulties with the Electronic Programing Guide EPG!  The playback from programs I have recorded have been unwatchable - they just freeze continually. However, as of two days ago the system won't record at all using the EPG. It will record using the instant record button but this is useless if you are going out! Dish Technical Support have suggested this is a 'transmission problem' and are waiting for a fix? I gather this is to come from freeview. Sadly, I couldn't recommend this model and unless the recording/playback issue is resolved this one will be returned!!

Is this a freeview recorder, not a receiver?  I am buying second hand a dishtv 7070 receiver, to use hooked up to my VCR (if I can work out how to do that), for recording (my tv has built in freeview). I am told online that I can also record to a USB stick from a receiver.  How does this work, and what sort of stick would one need to buy.  All help appreciated. Cheers.

You will need to use a satellite dish to use a dishtv 7070 , the 7070 doesn't record to to a usb stick , you would need to purchase a S7070r to achieve this.

You can record to a VCR with the DishTv 7070 by connecting  with composite  cables  yellow / white /red cables .

Y/W/R ouput from DishTV  to the Y/W/R Inputs on your VCR.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service