Hi all, 

Can someone tell me why I've suddenly lost both Maori & Prime channels on Freeview?

I have a Samsung Smart TV with built in Freeview & can still get the other channels, just not Maori & Prime. 

I tried unplugging the cables from the wall & starting up again but to no avail. I also tried retuning my device as per the instructions & went through the same procedure with the Samsung helpdesk but still no joy.

I don't have any trees or overhanging branches near my aerial so am uncertain as to what to do next. (My roofer also mentioned that the aerial on the roof is secure).

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

Adele

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What channels are you getting? Maori TV is on the same Mux as TV3, Bravo etc so if you can't get Prime you won't get TV3 etc either. Prime is on the same Mux as Choice TV, HGTV etc so they would be missing too. If two of the four Mux are missing then you have an antenna/cabling problem. Check signal strength/quality of the channels you are receiving.

MUX and channels are explained here.

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/tip/mux

I can get TV3 , Bravo and other Freeview channels...not sure about Choice but will let you know tomorrow which channels I can get.  Thank you for getting back so quickly.  I'll check out the link you gave also. 

Biggles said:

What channels are you getting? Maori TV is on the same Mux as TV3, Bravo etc so if you can't get Prime you won't get TV3 etc either. Prime is on the same Mux as Choice TV, HGTV etc so they would be missing too. If two of the four Mux are missing then you have an antenna/cabling problem. Check signal strength/quality of the channels you are receiving.

MUX and channels are explained here.

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/tip/mux

OK. Also confirm you are tuning UHF and not Satellite as the channel lineup is different on Satellite. If it is indeed UHF then it's possible your channel numbering has got a bit scrambled. Only way to tell is to use the up/down channel button on your remote to step through every channel in turn and see whats missing. Prime and Maori may be there but just not on the correct logical channel numbers. If the channel numbering is scrambled you need to delete all channels and retune.

Oops. I see I made a mistake in my previous reply. I should have said if you can't get Maori you won't get TV3, Bravo etc as they are on the same Mux.

Adele Paris said:

I can get TV3 , Bravo and other Freeview channels...not sure about Choice but will let you know tomorrow which channels I can get.  Thank you for getting back so quickly.  I'll check out the link you gave also. 

Hi Biggles,

I've gone through the channels using the channel button and I noticed that not only Maori, Prime & Choice are missing but others like First Light, D & Te Reo are missing....the others missing I don't usually watch anyway, so am not too bothered about that. 

How do I go about deleting all the channels please?

Thanks.

ps. checked the Muz link but too confusing for me...

Adele Paris said:

Saving…

OK. Running out of options now without actually looking at your setup. If Maori is missing then you shouldn't be able to get TV3, Bravo, etc as well as they are on the same Mux. The others that are missing are on another Mux which appears to be missing so that would indicate low signal strength and an antenna/cabling problem or perhaps some sort of interference. A factory reset would clear all memory and allow you to set up from scratch. Other options - try a new cable from wall socket to Tv. Some of those short cables can be really poor quality.Try another TV or STB on the same antenna cable. If all else fails call in the Pros to sort it out.

Perhaps you could post a picture of your antenna? Also the connections from TV to wall socket? Also check signal strength/quality in setup menu, probably found in manual tuning.

Thanks for all your help which is much appreciated.

I'm going away soon and don't have time to look at all your options at the moment but will do so on my return. 

Thank you again. 

Cheers.

Biggles said:

OK. Running out of options now without actually looking at your setup. If Maori is missing then you shouldn't be able to get TV3, Bravo, etc as well as they are on the same Mux. The others that are missing are on another Mux which appears to be missing so that would indicate low signal strength and an antenna/cabling problem or perhaps some sort of interference. A factory reset would clear all memory and allow you to set up from scratch. Other options - try a new cable from wall socket to Tv. Some of those short cables can be really poor quality.Try another TV or STB on the same antenna cable. If all else fails call in the Pros to sort it out.

Perhaps you could post a picture of your antenna? Also the connections from TV to wall socket? Also check signal strength/quality in setup menu, probably found in manual tuning.

Hi, 

Same problem here. Samsung TV and UHF, not satellite. Several channels have disappeared and they are from different MUX, like Prime and Maori TV. This in Wellington and happened a couple of days ago. 

I already tried re-scanning automatically, but no luck. 

The TV can tune 3 channels, 28, 34 and 36, I believe, but cannot get the 32. I tried to tune the 32 manually but with no luck. 

The antenna is pointing Mount Kaukau.  

Any help would be useful. Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

Biggles replied to robyn kingston's discussion Samsung Smart TV - model no. UA55JU6600SXNZ
"We don't subscribe to sky but presumably the satellite ariel will work? Not necessarily. The…"
5 hours ago
Biggles replied to Jill Nutsford's discussion Reset of freeview after removal of Sky
"We can't really help if we don't know what make and model of TVs you have and how they…"
5 hours ago
David Lipscombe replied to Jill Nutsford's discussion Reset of freeview after removal of Sky
"Is your freeview tv connected to an aerial ? ,as sky is connected t a satellite dish then you may…"
6 hours ago
robyn kingston posted a discussion

Samsung Smart TV - model no. UA55JU6600SXNZ

Can someone tell me how to receive free view? We have the smart hub working so can use web based…See More
9 hours ago
Jill Nutsford posted a discussion

Reset of freeview after removal of Sky

Since Sky was cancelled, I'm having trouble retuning channels on my freeview tv. This is ok in the…See More
10 hours ago
CRAIG ROBERTSON replied to CRAIG ROBERTSON's discussion ON DEMAND FREEZES
"I used to be able to tab across and access the individual apps , but now it just freezes on the…"
18 hours ago
John replied to Carl's discussion Recomendations
"Hi, do you have a model number? I too are looking around for a Tivo replacement (love the Tivo, so…"
yesterday
Biggles replied to John Ridgway's discussion YAGI-type UHF Aerial in the sitting room?
"No."
yesterday

Connect With Us!

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service