Hi all, 

Can someone tell me why I've suddenly lost both Maori & Prime channels on Freeview?

I have a Samsung Smart TV with built in Freeview & can still get the other channels, just not Maori & Prime. 

I tried unplugging the cables from the wall & starting up again but to no avail. I also tried retuning my device as per the instructions & went through the same procedure with the Samsung helpdesk but still no joy.

I don't have any trees or overhanging branches near my aerial so am uncertain as to what to do next. (My roofer also mentioned that the aerial on the roof is secure).

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

Adele

Views: 734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What channels are you getting? Maori TV is on the same Mux as TV3, Bravo etc so if you can't get Prime you won't get TV3 etc either. Prime is on the same Mux as Choice TV, HGTV etc so they would be missing too. If two of the four Mux are missing then you have an antenna/cabling problem. Check signal strength/quality of the channels you are receiving.

MUX and channels are explained here.

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/tip/mux

I can get TV3 , Bravo and other Freeview channels...not sure about Choice but will let you know tomorrow which channels I can get.  Thank you for getting back so quickly.  I'll check out the link you gave also. 

Biggles said:

What channels are you getting? Maori TV is on the same Mux as TV3, Bravo etc so if you can't get Prime you won't get TV3 etc either. Prime is on the same Mux as Choice TV, HGTV etc so they would be missing too. If two of the four Mux are missing then you have an antenna/cabling problem. Check signal strength/quality of the channels you are receiving.

MUX and channels are explained here.

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/tip/mux

OK. Also confirm you are tuning UHF and not Satellite as the channel lineup is different on Satellite. If it is indeed UHF then it's possible your channel numbering has got a bit scrambled. Only way to tell is to use the up/down channel button on your remote to step through every channel in turn and see whats missing. Prime and Maori may be there but just not on the correct logical channel numbers. If the channel numbering is scrambled you need to delete all channels and retune.

Oops. I see I made a mistake in my previous reply. I should have said if you can't get Maori you won't get TV3, Bravo etc as they are on the same Mux.



Adele Paris said:

I can get TV3 , Bravo and other Freeview channels...not sure about Choice but will let you know tomorrow which channels I can get.  Thank you for getting back so quickly.  I'll check out the link you gave also. 

Hi Biggles,

I've gone through the channels using the channel button and I noticed that not only Maori, Prime & Choice are missing but others like First Light, D & Te Reo are missing....the others missing I don't usually watch anyway, so am not too bothered about that. 

How do I go about deleting all the channels please?

Thanks.

ps. checked the Muz link but too confusing for me...



Adele Paris said:

Saving…

OK. Running out of options now without actually looking at your setup. If Maori is missing then you shouldn't be able to get TV3, Bravo, etc as well as they are on the same Mux. The others that are missing are on another Mux which appears to be missing so that would indicate low signal strength and an antenna/cabling problem or perhaps some sort of interference. A factory reset would clear all memory and allow you to set up from scratch. Other options - try a new cable from wall socket to Tv. Some of those short cables can be really poor quality.Try another TV or STB on the same antenna cable. If all else fails call in the Pros to sort it out.

Perhaps you could post a picture of your antenna? Also the connections from TV to wall socket? Also check signal strength/quality in setup menu, probably found in manual tuning.

Thanks for all your help which is much appreciated.

I'm going away soon and don't have time to look at all your options at the moment but will do so on my return. 

Thank you again. 

Cheers.


Biggles said:

OK. Running out of options now without actually looking at your setup. If Maori is missing then you shouldn't be able to get TV3, Bravo, etc as well as they are on the same Mux. The others that are missing are on another Mux which appears to be missing so that would indicate low signal strength and an antenna/cabling problem or perhaps some sort of interference. A factory reset would clear all memory and allow you to set up from scratch. Other options - try a new cable from wall socket to Tv. Some of those short cables can be really poor quality.Try another TV or STB on the same antenna cable. If all else fails call in the Pros to sort it out.

Perhaps you could post a picture of your antenna? Also the connections from TV to wall socket? Also check signal strength/quality in setup menu, probably found in manual tuning.

Hi, 

Same problem here. Samsung TV and UHF, not satellite. Several channels have disappeared and they are from different MUX, like Prime and Maori TV. This in Wellington and happened a couple of days ago. 

I already tried re-scanning automatically, but no luck. 

The TV can tune 3 channels, 28, 34 and 36, I believe, but cannot get the 32. I tried to tune the 32 manually but with no luck. 

The antenna is pointing Mount Kaukau.  

Any help would be useful. Thanks.

Hi again,

Has there been a resolution to the problem since I've been away?

Although Maori & Prime are still missing, I can still get TV3 and Bravo. 

Can the forum please advise the electrical company to contact to fix this problem as I am now at a loss and checking antenna & cabling is a bit beyond me at this point.

Sorry but I can't get behind the TV to take a picture of the cabling &/or antenna either, so it looks like I might need a pro to sort it out.

Thanks for all help so far. 

Hi Adele,

It sounds like you're using terrestrial as you signal and what was stated before is incorrect... TV3 and MaoriTV do not share the same multiplex. TVNZ services are on one mux, TV3 services are on another mux and Kordia now have three muxes called K1, K2 and K3. At the time when you reported the issue, MaoriTV lived on the K1 mux but has just recently moved to the K3 mux. From what you were describing, you're unable to receive the Kordia K1 mux. For info the K1, K2 and K3 service lineups are as follows:

K1:

Prime

Choice TV

Parliament TV

Firstlight

ChineseTV8

Radio NZ Concert

BASE FM, 107.3

K2:

Apna Television

Al Jazeera

TVSN Shopping

TV29

Shine TV

Hope TV

Radio NZ National

HGTV

NCTV-Chinese

K3:

Maori Television

Te Reo

I'd suggest speaking to a local installer to find out why you can't receive the K1 frequency in your area.

Regards,


Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply which is most helpful!

I will get in contact with an installer today and hopefully the problem will be resolved.

Many thanks again.

Regards

Adele 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How do you receive Freeview?

How do you receive Freeview?
via Satellite Dish
via UHF aerial
Both
Unsure
doriddles

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

Marcia Crossland replied to Marcia Crossland's discussion Lost channels TV1/2/6/7 on 21/11/2017
"Hi Josh I have my channels back and all ok, tks for the feedback"
15 hours ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Marcia Crossland's discussion Lost channels TV1/2/6/7 on 21/11/2017
"Hi Marcia, The channels have resumed however they are not stable and Kordia are working on a fix,…"
18 hours ago
Marcia Crossland posted a discussion

Lost channels TV1/2/6/7 on 21/11/2017

Have lost these channels today and when I finally got hold of someone on Freeview technical support…See More
18 hours ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Marica Zoroja's discussion No signal
"Hi Marica  There has been an issue with the Auckland Waiatarua Transimission Site and…"
19 hours ago
Marica Zoroja posted a discussion

No signal

Have lost signal short while ago on 1,2,6 and 7 channels but other channels are ok. Anyone else's…See More
19 hours ago
Biggles replied to Daniel Marsh's discussion Can't get NZ Freeview channels only overseas ones.
"Sounds like your dish could be pointing at the wrong satellite. Were you receiving OK before you…"
yesterday
Daniel Marsh posted a discussion

Can't get NZ Freeview channels only overseas ones.

Hi I have got a new Freeview SatBox (Dish-TV S7070rHD-XM) and its only picking up overseas channels…See More
yesterday
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Theageingrocker's discussion Should I replace the coax?
"Hi,  This shouldn't affect any performance of service of Freeview, as Willis mentioned,…"
yesterday

Connect With Us!

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service