I am intending to split the feed from the current Sky decoder to a satellite box in another room. From what I have read here it is relatively straightforward to split the dish feed with a power pass splitter on the sky (primary) port which maintains power to the LNB  , and the other port to the freeview box which doesn't have to be power-pass and as long as the primary Sky decoder is left switched on - no problem. An all-ports power-pass splitter could be used , but it is recommended that LNB power be set to "OFF" on the freeview box. I already had a splitter for another purpose and need to identify if it is a single-port power pass type. There are no labels etc but has a line drawn between the IN port and 1 of the OUT ports. I'm fairly certain this is a single. (pic attached). Could someone please just confirm ? .

Views: 791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Afternoon Robbo

This is a single port power pass splitter but it only is rated to 900MHz which is to low to work for satellite signal but ok for terrestrial 

Thankyou John ... exactly what I needed ... superb. I did wonder about the low number ...cheers I will go and buy another.

Robbo as per a previous post these are the splitters that I use the bigger of the 2 has 4 freeview and 1 sky box rnning through them I apoligise for the poor quality of the last image but you should be able to see what I mean't .

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service