This might be an obvious topic at first glance, it's perhaps an important one - as Thomas Berger once said - "The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knoweledge"- and the art of asking questions might not be very obvious at all, especially when it comes to technology that you may not be familiar with. 

Sometimes it's easier to throw our hands in the air and exclaim in frustration: "Why is it not working!?!? Why is it this hard?!?! I don't know what to do - help!!!"- that doesn't help the forum community in finding the answers to your digital TV woes though.

To help us help YOU

Take the following simple steps:

1. Check before posting: Browse the Discussion Forum before posting your question, in case the answer is already there.
  2. Provide as much information as possibleand always state:
    • The Freeview service you're using:  Freeview|HD (received via a UHF aerial) or Freeview Satellite (received via a satellite dish).
    • The New Zealand town/region you're in.
    • The brand/model of your Freeview digital receiver, TV with Freeview built-in or MyFreeview digital recorder.
    • All available information about the problem you're seeking solutions to and what troubleshooting tips you've already tried.

Remember that you need to sign up before you can Reply to any existing Discussions or Add a new Discussion - and that technology (digital TV including) is about discovery. 

Stay curious, have a go (and follow the guidelines)!

Views: 525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

often will click on a discussion and come up on page 1 even though page 3 is now current, some forums have something in page setting about starting on first page or last or current page

Thanks for noting this willis, does this still occur?

willis said:

often will click on a discussion and come up on page 1 even though page 3 is now current, some forums have something in page setting about starting on first page or last or current page

Hi Joshua,

Still does it with me.

Willis has a good point.

If you go to Forum topics then it goes to Page 1 which is newest Topics.

If you go to individual discussions it goes to page 1 which is oldest discussion.

Would be better if both went to newest page first or you were able to select which page to go to rather than go direct to oldest page, then have to scroll all way to bottom to change. Gets tedious after a while. Can't find anyway users can change this.

Joshua said:

willis said:

I will have a look into this on my side and see if I can alter this (Once I get Approval from another team member) and will update you on here

Joshua

Biggles said:

Hi Joshua,

Still does it with me.

Willis has a good point.

If you go to Forum topics then it goes to Page 1 which is newest Topics.

If you go to individual discussions it goes to page 1 which is oldest discussion.

Would be better if both went to newest page first or you were able to select which page to go to rather than go direct to oldest page, then have to scroll all way to bottom to change. Gets tedious after a while. Can't find anyway users can change this.

Joshua said:

willis said:

See if it can be set to newest first
Good thread is pixellation in nelson
And can you allow private messaging between members without being friends

Hi Guys, I have spoken to the "Ning" Support base and there is a possibility to get this request phased through soon so ill keep you updated. 

Thank you guys for pointing this out as we always try and implement improvements to the forum based on user feedback.

In regards to your question about PM: You can private message non-friends, I have received a large amount of personal messages from members who are not added as friends so this applies to everyone on the forum. 

willis said:

See if it can be set to newest first
Good thread is pixellation in nelson
And can you allow private messaging between members without being friends

Just an update,

I have got back with the dev team to investigate this feature and they don't support this yet unfortunately. They ave advised I adjust a small control which helps with the presentation of replies, this is called "Threaded View" 

Thanks for your patience 

when posting by mobile,no edit and no photo buttons,just blue reply one

also only get 2-3 replies and while there may be a 4 for example at the bottom of the last reply [maybe 4 more replies?] generally does nothing

now it becomes clear as to why some have been asked for a photo and have not

Hey Willis,

The mobile version is a tricky one as the developers haven't left us with many tools to improve the experience.

Understandable that many users do use mobile as the only method to get on the forum, the mobile site does allow a desktop version to use the full features whilst still on mobile but might become difficult with the screen size and zoom controls of the mobile. But we will keep looking into the mobile platform and see what the developers can do.

Joshua

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service