FreeviewPlus has been updated to make accessing On Demand even easier, you can check out details on www.freeviewplus.co.nz/update

Post your comments about the updates below. 

A couple notes  |  10 December 2015

Thanks everyone for posting details & sharing feedback.  A couple updates for you:

Freezing on Splash Screen (LG TVs with Magic Remotes)

To correct this, LG Support has supplied a solution:  use the UP/DOWN arrow keys on your remote to hide the pink cursor.  Then you can interact with the splash screen or with any other component in the FreeviewPlus application.

Mini Guide Auto Loading switched off

The auto-loading of the Mini Guide has now been switched off.

Some TVs may update immediately, others will do so overnight.

Views: 2000

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's happened yet again, and though I can't be sure I have a hunch it's related to wireless connectivity in some way.  As previously mentioned the first time this fault state occurred I found the wireless connection had actually been turned off completely.  I don't know why this also seems to disable most of the magic remotes functions either but I do know that running via cable these issues soon seem to resolve themselves.    

I'll disconnect the cable once again and see if the fault condition recurs.

(NB: we have 4 other devices using wireless LAN flawlessly).

Thanks Joshua and Bel.

We do love FV+. I guess it's just a matter of you getting the balance of newbies getting lots of helpful info in their face to feel they know what to do. but have the availability to turn them off for experienced users. 

It'd be great if in your FV+ settings area, there was a checklist of things to turn these things on or off. Then everyone would be happy. It's not the functionality we have an issue with, but rather having an option to choose what to see when.

Thanks again.

Sony Bravia Android TV still has the most irritating pop-up menu - I will unplug the TV later to see if that solves it. I would suggest Freeview Plus totally ruins my viewing, I dont need to know that shows are available every time I change the channel. A pop telling me about Freeview Plus comes up every time I change on the left side of the screen advertising 3 on Demand or TVNZ, please tell me there is also a way to stop that? If I knew a way of turning FV Plus off all together I would. If I need to watch something I'll find a way to do that, I really don't need intrusive pop ups on every channel change.

Actually - due to this annoyance I found a setting on the TV to disable Freeview all together. Yay! No more invasive pop-ups.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

John Baird replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"I have two Spectrum Analysers, both Unaohm , an AP01 an older B/w EP 314 and a handheld Satellite…"
2 hours ago
Anouska Menzies replied to Anouska Menzies's discussion Freeveiw plus gone another latest update
"Hi Thanks for the reply Internet connect is fine, I can search the web, use YouTube and go on…"
11 hours ago
Graeme replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"Thanks for the link. :)"
20 hours ago
Graeme replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
20 hours ago
Josh Hill replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"You can have a look at some of the specs for Freeview at this…"
21 hours ago
Josh Hill replied to Anouska Menzies's discussion Freeveiw plus gone another latest update
"Hi Anouska  Your Internet settings will need to be re-configured as the software might have…"
21 hours ago
david adamson replied to david adamson's discussion No signal TVNZ 1 and 2
"This morning all is back to normal and I have all channels back in operation. Nothing changed at my…"
23 hours ago
Satellite Networks Motueka replied to Graeme's discussion Exactly what standards are used by Freeview in NZ....
"In NZ we only have DVBS and DVBT . T2 (igloo) has shut down. Freeview is making noises about…"
23 hours ago

Connect With Us!

Notes

Test

Test Note

Created by Josh Hill Jul 24, 2017 at 11:37am. Last updated by Josh Hill yesterday.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Josh Hill Jul 24, 2017 at 11:36am. Last updated by Bel yesterday.

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service