We are looking seriously at joining Netflix. We have fibre broadband with download speeds of 100Mbps, with a modem and a range extender, which is within about 800mm of the Freeview plus box.  Am I correct in assuming that the Freeview box will supply the needed signal to the TV, which is 10 years old (although "HD ready").  Am I better to use an Ethernet cable from the extender to the Freeview box or rely on the Wi-Fi signal?

Thanks

Bruce Mackay

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is subject to how reliable a WIFI signal from the modem to the FreeviewPlus box is, if you can get good signal then use the wifi mode of the box to connect to Freeview OnDemand apps. 

You should have no problem, however it’s best to test either options to see if you can get a suitable stream running. 

Connect the UHF aerial to the box then the HDMI to the TV :)

Josh 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Linda posted a discussion

Freeview Mini Guide

Hi,Recently freeview upgraded on our tv (Samsung Series 6) automatically.  I can't get rid of the…See More
16 hours ago
Krissy Lane posted a discussion

App continually failing on Panasonic tv

app keeps exiting or won’t open at all. I know it’s not internet connection issues as Netflix…See More
yesterday
Jeremy E replied to Jeremy E's discussion RT on Freeview?
"David - Thanks for that post. Maybe Sky does have exclusive rights. I will write to RT to find out…"
Tuesday
David Lipscombe replied to Jeremy E's discussion RT on Freeview?
"Biggles if you had watched Triangle/Stratos television when it was on the Freeview systems you…"
Tuesday

Connect With Us!

© 2018   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service