Hi
We have a homecast 9200 recorder with a Samsung TV connected to UHF.

We use the EPG series recording for a number of programs and for the last few months, very often the programs don't record and when I check the record list the series record lists are all set to Thursday 01/01 with start and finish times at 00.00

This got so frustrated that I started investigating replacing our homecast recorder.
However when I started reading reviews of other brands people seem to complain about the same issue.

I have reset the homecast to factory default and upgraded to the latest software.

Is this a Freeview issue?
What can we do to fix this?

Regards

Korstiaan

Views: 612

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only time this ever happens on my Panasonic recorder is when the EPG is altered with things such as a series ending and a new series starting on consecutive weeks or a one week gap in programs usual because of Public Holidays. All it shows when checking the booking schedule for next scheduled time is "No Data" which means the current series is finished or there's been an amendment in the transmitted EPG data which breaks the cycle.

I always check my EPG preset record data once a week though to make sure there's no glitches like this.

Hi

Sure I understand the end of season and break in transmission.

But when the EPG shows it as "S" and you think fine this is recording, and you look at the Record list and it has no data against it, and it does not record.  It becomes confusing and frustrating.

KP

could always set it up manually

Hi
Appreciate your effort, but that is like telling someone with an email problem to write a letter by hand and take it to the post office.

As it is, the homecast 9200 has no manual scheduling options, unless you know something I don't know.

Would appreciate some instructions.

KP

Reply to Discussion

RSS

How do you receive Freeview?

How do you receive Freeview?
via Satellite Dish
via UHF aerial
Both
Unsure
doriddles

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

Marcia Crossland replied to Marcia Crossland's discussion Lost channels TV1/2/6/7 on 21/11/2017
"Hi Josh I have my channels back and all ok, tks for the feedback"
11 hours ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Marcia Crossland's discussion Lost channels TV1/2/6/7 on 21/11/2017
"Hi Marcia, The channels have resumed however they are not stable and Kordia are working on a fix,…"
14 hours ago
Marcia Crossland posted a discussion

Lost channels TV1/2/6/7 on 21/11/2017

Have lost these channels today and when I finally got hold of someone on Freeview technical support…See More
14 hours ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Marica Zoroja's discussion No signal
"Hi Marica  There has been an issue with the Auckland Waiatarua Transimission Site and…"
15 hours ago
Marica Zoroja posted a discussion

No signal

Have lost signal short while ago on 1,2,6 and 7 channels but other channels are ok. Anyone else's…See More
15 hours ago
Biggles replied to Daniel Marsh's discussion Can't get NZ Freeview channels only overseas ones.
"Sounds like your dish could be pointing at the wrong satellite. Were you receiving OK before you…"
yesterday
Daniel Marsh posted a discussion

Can't get NZ Freeview channels only overseas ones.

Hi I have got a new Freeview SatBox (Dish-TV S7070rHD-XM) and its only picking up overseas channels…See More
yesterday
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Theageingrocker's discussion Should I replace the coax?
"Hi,  This shouldn't affect any performance of service of Freeview, as Willis mentioned,…"
yesterday

Connect With Us!

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service