ive booked programmes to record but when i check the booking list the programme names are scrambled i cant tell which is which anyone know why please
i have latest firmware installed and have tried a factory reset and retune but still same thing happens

Views: 767

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Guys,

Dish TV has been notified and their Freeview Forum support agent will be in touch with you on Monday Morning.

Cheers

Great - We too have this problem and I emailed Dish TV - it's good to know it's not just us!!  

Hi Leon, Lynda & Patricia,

There was an update made to improve data compression on the DTT platform (the one that's received via UHF aerials) on THU 18 DEC, which would allow broadcasters to provider richer programme info for their shows in the near future.

All manufacturers were supplied with test streams before this change took place to ensure that their device models can handle the update but it appears something didn't go according to plan with some of the Magic TV 3600 & DishTV T1050 units.

It's not feasible for Dish TV to investigate this error or release a firmware update to fix before the holidays, so the distribution engineers are rolling back this change today.

They'll make this change after the holidays and I'll give you heads-up on the forum when that's happening.

Thanks for posting about this and sing out if anything else pops up.  

Hi Patricia, not sure about sign-up on Homecast website but I've flagged this with our tech guy here.  The roll back should return everything to normal, then in the new year all manufacturers will be asked to look into the cause of these errors and releases fixes before the update's rolled out again.

Thanks for flagging that!

Thanks - it's pretty confusing not being able to read what's on the booking list!!

Hi Patricia, could you please clarify what exactly occurred back then. Were the programme names scrambled with unusual characters or did it show a different programme name as you have suggested?

Hi - not Patricia but Lynda.  I complained of the same problem.  The list was unusual characters - wingdings etc.  The actual listing was correct and when it recorded it showed normally on the recorded list.

Hi Lynda, we have a fix on the way for Dish and Magic but want to know if the same fault exists on the Homecast. 

Opps... sorry.  Great to know it's being sorted though :)

All good :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service