Admin Comment: Dish TV has released a new firmware update to address most of the issues reported in this post    1/9/2014

I bought a DishTV S7090PVR in February. Avoid this product. It is a putrid pile of poo! I had to return it 3 times for a replacement before I got one that would even turn on. Then I almost wish it didn't. It is riddled with annoying bugs and quirks that will have you throwing the remote at it within a week. Here are just some of the things that I have discovered with it.

If you view the booking list While you're recording a program it sometimes crashes! Other times it won't show you all the booked items. If you edit a program to take out the ads, it sometimes chops the last half hour off your program and you can't get it back. If it's in standby, and there's a power cut, it doesn't go back into standby. If you record a program, and stop it and delete it before the end, it doesn't go to standby properly after the next morning's 4am update. It is painfully slow to copy programs to the USB. When you're copying to the USB, it sometimes tells you that the hard disk drive is full when it isn't. It doesn't remember the order you like the library sorted. It doesn't record the end of a program if it's also recording another channel. Even if you select programs in the guide which don't overlap, it sometimes will tell you that they do. To bookmark a point in a program is so involved a process when it could just be a hotkey. The guide takes ages to display. Sometimes you have to press the key 3 or 4 times. Pressing the STOP button while watching a recorded program sometimes doesn't! The SKIP keys often don't! There is more, but you get my point.

And Dish TV's support is woeful. I wrote to them in early March, detailing the exact steps to take to recreate one of the faults I listed above, and they promised to remedy it. Now, 4 months and 3 software versions later the bug still isn't fixed. Whether they were lying to me when they said they'd fix it, or are simply incompetent and don't know how to, I will not presume to judge. The latest version of the software, actually broke something that used to work OK! And the online manual for the 7090PVR on their website is out of date and doesn't match with what you actually see on the screen.

As soon as  a reputable company such as Sony or Panasonic make a satellite PVR, I will buy it regardless of cost, and take a sledgehammer and reduce this near useless pile of junk to bits.

Views: 5507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi and thanks for the quick response.

Regarding the method, please see my reply here on December 27+28 and the also very quick reply by one of your Dish TV mates without anything following.
Please see also my opened discussion here
'DishTV S7090PVR error 'Device corrupted. Repairing in progress...'
without any reply at all :(

No worries, I think we all know how 'this business' works ;)
... and we survived that month too :)

I cannot see a 'Send message'button with your reply.
Please can you give me a kickstart how to do it. Thanks

Cheers,
Anja

Click here then click on SEND MESSAGE below my Profile pic

A BIG THANKS to the Dish TV guys.

Update: USB stick arrived, software installation was easy as;
time will show, if it solved the problems ;)

Cheers, Annie

Thanks Annie

Glad that the USB arrived! Please do let us know how you get on

Thanks!

Josh @ Dish TV Online Support

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by