dish Tv T2200 recorder - How to record override duplicate check ?

ive recorded a TV show, ive deleted it. the same episode is going to air again and I WANT to re-record it.

T2200 recorder - EPG guide says its going to record (big R )

but the SCHEDULE screen, does not say its due to record.

is there a way i can over-ride the settings so it does record ? 

i could do manual programming, but if i start the time 5 minutes prior to the start, it saves the programme under the name of the previous show. 

(not happy)

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gordon, 

Dish TV Support should be responding to this query shortly (Within the next few working days). If you don't hear from them.We recommend contacting them directly via their website www.dishtv.co.nz 

Cheers
Josh

Yes, Ive contacted them by email - but many heads (members) are better than one. 

Ive also took manual pictures on my phone & emailed them what I see on the two screens (EPG / schedule).. 

Use Timer Record. Guaranteed to work every time. Then rename the program if necessary.

Good idea with timer control - but thats defeating the purpose of the EPG. may as well just manually record everything on an old VCR.  (ive recorded tonights show)  

- They've got the technology 

- the recorder CAN record by EPG. so why doesnt it ? I'll await a reply from the support people.

The problem is that the EPG is only a guide and can be very unreliable at times. Plus it isn't updated often enough which sometimes causes errors. I think you'll find it just isn't sophisticated enough to handle your task. Timer Record is the only reliable way to do what you want. Will be interesting to see what the support people suggest.

Gordon Stewart said:

Good idea with timer control - but thats defeating the purpose of the EPG. may as well just manually record everything on an old VCR.  (ive recorded tonights show)  

- the recorder CAN record by EPG. so why doesnt it ? I'll await a reply from the support people.

Cars can be unreliable & break down - Everyone must stop using cars.  (you have an invalid argument)

Ive been using EPG for years & have minimal / no noticeable errors.  No worry, i'll wait for support to answer.

VALID ARGUMENT: (repeatable / testable results).  if you record 1 episode via EPG, you cannot record the repeat of the same episode using the EPG. you need to use manual recording.

i used manual recording last night (based on the times as shown on the EPG). The recording did record and im watching it now. i'll watch it tonight in full after work.

EPG correct - Recorder not correct.

Biggles said:

The problem is that the EPG is only a guide and can be very unreliable at times. Plus it isn't updated often enough which sometimes causes errors. I think you'll find it just isn't sophisticated enough to handle your task. Timer Record is the only reliable way to do what you want. Will be interesting to see what the support people suggest.

Gordon Stewart said:

just like police 10/7 is still listed as split so the recorder assumes series recording

@Gordan

Has Dish TV followed up with you? 

Regards
Josh

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

Rob Barr replied to Rob Barr's discussion Sattelite or UHF?
"Ah yes better picture quality on uhf, good point, I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the…"
Friday
Biggles replied to Rob Barr's discussion Sattelite or UHF?
"Well Optus D2 is of no use anyway as Freeview and Sky are on Optus…"
Friday
"Thx B, satellite only was my conclusion too, but still scratching my head around how the confusion…"
Friday
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Rob Barr's discussion Sattelite or UHF?
"Hi Guys,  I am looking at a article to publish on this forum to help with the difference of…"
Dec 8
"P.S. If it's any help here is a screen shot of my Android Box settings for Optus D1."
Dec 8
"It's a Satellite Receiver and no way will it work on UHF. Found a manual for it…"
Dec 8
"Part 2 ... the house has an old sky satellite on the roof, but not used for many years. I repaired…"
Dec 8
Rob Barr posted a discussion

Sattelite or UHF?

Ok long story ... I've an arielbox ultra T1050PVR, which picks up UHF with good clarity. But every…See More
Dec 8

Connect With Us!

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service